I am using this page to share some of my interests (both past and present). This includes businesses and personal projects that I have been involved with and those that I will continue to be involved with in the coming years. I will keep updating this page as new things come up.
- Books: Yeah, I do write book also. I have written two books presently – one with a friend and the other one alone – and one is in print now. The one in print focuses on helping serving Youths Corps Members maximize their service year. The title is “Maximising Your Service Year“. If this interests you or you will like to be a distributor, get in touch. We will be able to arrange something :).
- My Life Goals: I started a new project some years back. I am really excited about this and it is about tasks I will be completing in my lifetime. These tasks are specific with a result that is clearly defined. This list will be a mish-mash of banal and overly ambitious tasks, but, hey, I have over some years to complete the project. So, you can join me!
- People & Business Development: Are you a start-up and you need help in jump-starting your idea? Do you want to rise to the top of your career ladder? Drop me a line and I can revert back to you as soon as possible. I currently provide consulting services to start-ups and /or to people who want to take their careers to the next level. So, if you think you will need my service, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
- Business and Career: In 2014, I co-founded Nok360 which later became Tivas in 2016; I was the CEO and Director of Product until February 2019 when the board appointed my co-founder as the new CEO.
The Past Adventures:
I have been involved in some start-ups before I went back into corporate employment :). While some failed, I experienced some form of success in others.
- Secondary School Days: As most children do, I caught the entrepreneurship bug. I was selling groundnuts, bread, drinks and ice blocks to university students. It was an interesting adventure. And yes, I made some cool cash too.
- Got involved in setting up another startup in my 2nd year in the university – Obafemi Awolowo University. We were writing programming codes for fellow students. I still remember when I had to write different versions of a computer code that would allow NYSC to post potential youth corps members to different states in Nigeria based on sex, state of origin and marital status. The codes were written in Fortran programming language.
- Studio247: This was a business I started with 3 friends while on campus. We focused on delivering year books and year CDs to final year students. We were able to deliver year books and CDs to 7 departments and fellowships. Did we make money? I think YES. I later went ahead to start e-nnova media with two of the friends immediately after school.
- Student Konsult: This was a business arm of my fellowship – Student Christian Movement – that I helped to start and run. We started the first home delivery photocopying business on campus and at cheaper rates. Students just needed to drop the documents they wanted to photocopy and we would handle the rest.
- In 2002, I started e-nnova media with two friends (Seun Olajide and Abimbola Fashua of blessed memory). We focused on delivering high quality web design services, value added services (mainly SMS-based services), flash animations, CD productions and graphic designs. Our clients were individuals, private and government institutions. Some of our clients were multi-nationals and government universities. I still believe this company would have gone ahead to deliver great services if Bimbo is still alive.
- In 2004, I started Nairahost with a e-friend – Kayode Muyibi – that I met online. The interesting thing is that both of us are still yet to meet face-2-face till today. I later brought in Seun Olajide from e-nnova media as a co-founder and business partner. This web hosting company started out of the need to provide affordable and reliable hosting solution for Nigerians and it became the leading web hosting provider in Nigeria within 3 years. The company was eventually sold to Web4Africa.
- I was also involved in helping to setup Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PINigeria). See http://www.pin.itgo.com/Team.html
I will be adding more projects and interests as they are available. So, stay tuned!