Google Sitemap generator for WordPress
An excellent article what Google Sitemaps is and how it can help you to get indexed by Google can be found at the searchenginewatch blog.
* Comes as a WordPress Plugin
* Is easy to install
* Has a user interface where you can customize all parameters like change frequencies, priorities etc.
* User interface available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
* Generates a static XML file in your Blog directory (Filename is customizable)
* Can generate a gzipped version of the sitemap
* Generates a sitemap for homepage, posts, static pages, categories and archive pages
* Calculates a priority for each post, based on the number of comments (You can also turn this off)
* The XML file gets automatically rebuilt if you change/edit/create/publish a post
* Can automatically tell Google about changes via Google-Ping
* You can include external pages which arenâ€™t generated by WordPress or are not recognized by this plugin
* You can define a minimum post priority, which will override the calculated value if itâ€™s too low
* Includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the sitemap
This plugin requires WordPress 220.127.116.11 or better. If you are using an older version, I strongly recommend you to upgrade to the latest version. You can get it at the WordPress Download Page.
Simply download the Zip-Archive and extract all files into your wp-content/plugins/ directory. Then go into your WordPress administration page, click on Plugins and activate it. After that you will have a new menu point called “Sitemap” under the “Options” menu. You can alter the default change frequencies, filename and other options there. Click once on “Rebuild Sitemap” to create your sitemap the first time.
The script needs write access to your Blog directory. Check out the WordPress Codex.