I have a lot of reasons to be grateful to God today. Today marks the 1 year anniversary that I was involved in that fatal accident. Oo has done a good job writing about the incidence here. So, I won’t be talking about the incidence here but rather focus on months after. If you want to have some ideas of what happened on the day, click here.
This is a thanksgiving post and I am grateful first to God for his mercy. Yes, “Mercy Says No”. You can join me in singing the song – “Mercy Says No” by Cece Winans.
I am grateful to God for may reasons – first for the gift of life and 2nd for the wonderful family and friends God has given me. Wifey, Temi – as I fondly call you, I am forever grateful to God for bringing you my way. I really appreciate all your sacrifices and my prayer is that God will continue to strengthen you. My lovely daughters, I am grateful to God for giving you to us. You have asked questions that have helped appreciate God more. I am glad for the opportunity to be your father.
So, here is my thanksgiving list:
- I am grateful to God for mercy and opportunity to be alive to effect desired change in this country. We may complain about so many wrong things happening but we are here to effect the change and I am grateful to God for counting me worthy to be part of this.
- I am grateful to God for giving me a wonderful wife and lovely daughters. You are two much!
- I am grateful to God for my family – extended, nuclear. Your supports in the last one year are highly appreciated. What can one really do without a good family?
- I am grateful to God for the circle of friends God has placed me. You all know yourselves :). It is always great to know that there are people who can really be there for you in all situations.
- I am grateful to God for my colleagues at work. Words alone can not express my appreciation. You have shown me that I didn’t make a wrong choice accepting to work with you guys 🙂
- I am grateful to God for my church members & my pastors. Your prayers and support come handy.
Looking back now at the event of the last one year, everything looks like being given a second chance – an opportunity to fulfill my mission here on earth. I am forever grateful for this opportunity to actually wake up each day and pursue what I love doing. I am here to add value and I trust God for strength and grace as I diligently pursue my dream. Let’s create the change we want. This is our country and we can’t keep waiting forever for others to provide the solutions to our challenges. The time to act is now. Will you take up the challenge?
This post will not be complete without mentioning Bankole Taiwo. It would have be great to have you alive today and celebrate together but… We lost a gem and I am really short of words. Bankole, we do miss you and I pray that God will fill the void you have left behind in your family.